February 19, 2012

SNOW!

Quote Love: "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Pablo Picasso


Well, weather, as I sat outside in just a cardigan yesterday, enjoying a vineyard and some friends, discussing the supposed forecast of a winter storm for today, I have to admit I doubted it wholeheartedly.

But you pulled through, despite the way I scoffed even this morning, and you gave us snow -- a consistent downfall since about 3pm, even. And I've been doing intermittent happy dances since then, because I look out the window at streets and trees and cars all doused in white and get excited all over again. (I guess there are some things that never grow old for this Africa MK.)

Oh, Virginia weather. You are just too full of surprises. And now I guess I shouldn't doubt you when you say you'll be back to 68° by Thursday*.


*What the heck, make up your mind already. And if you make up your mind for spring, now that we've had our one good snow, that'd be cool I guess.


[image via Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...