January 12, 2012

Kwaheri Kenya

Currently Watching: Downton Abbey. Y'all, I watched all of seasons 1 and 2 in four days, it was that good. (Thank goodness for British neighbors who own the DVDs - I hear season 2 is only just starting in America?)



In about two hours we’ll be leaving for the airport. I hung out with some giraffes yesterday and did some last minute roadside shopping today (a scarf and a pair of earrings for 280 shillings, or less than $3.50. Bartering success.*). I’ve packed everything up and have managed not to fully grasp that all night and all day tomorrow will involve airports, airplanes and DC traffic.

Next time you hear from me, I’ll be Stateside!

*Real life conversation I had the other day with the stall-keeper after negotiating a price down pretty far: “Are you English?” “No…” “Where are you from?” “America.” “America? No, Americans are very generous and always want to pay lots of money. But you get a very low price. You must be English.” (Umm…)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...