June 30, 2011

And I'll Be The Poet


"And I'll be the poet who sings your glory - 
and live what I sing every day." 
Psalm 61:8, The Message

I came across this verse in this version the other day and was enchanted by it. It grabbed my heart and spoke to the writer in me, and has stuck with me for the past few days, a confirmation and a conviction. 

It also reminded me of the spoken word poem "I Will Wait For You" by Janette Ikz:
(which I first saw quoted on Miss Amy Pompelia's gchat status, then her blog, then the lovely Sarah Tisdale's blog...so I didn't share it with y'all right away even though I was a little -- okay, a lot -- obsessed. But it is so worth sharing, so enjoy it now!)


"And you will know me and you will find me 
where the boldness of Esther meets the warm closeness of Ruth, 
with the hospitality of Lydia as aligned with the submission of Mary, 
which is englufed in the tears of a praying Hannah. 
I will be the one drenched in Proverbs 31 waiting for you."

P.S. Y'all should also heck out "If I Should Have A Daughter" by Sarah Kay. Can I just say how much spoken word poetry intrigues and impresses me? I kind of wish I was talented enough to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...