August 27, 2011

Fourth Year.



I just drove back from Kroger (had to get ice cream to make milkshakes, duh) under a sky painted deep purples and pinks by Irene. Y’all, it’s been a busy, fun, crazy first week back at school followed by my last day of work today, and so now I am all tuckered out. But not too tuckered out to share just a few of the things I’ve learned during this first week back at school:
  • Even in the middle of Virginia, you might still get an earthquake and a hurricane in one week.
  • God is so good at working things out. Like my up-in-the-air class schedule.
  • I am probably going to spend 4/5 of this semester in a building I had previously never had a reason to enter. (Aka I'll be in the South Lawn Commons every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:45 to 12:30. Possibly drinking some Starbs. Come sit with me.)
  • Being a fourth year does not necessarily guarantee that you know how to get to your class, or what bus will take you home, or how to not be the only person walking into your discussion completely soaked from the rain (enough so that you even ask your TA if it’s okay to wring out your dress in the bathroom...).
  • La Bamba is the place to be. Especially The Hangout Room (pictures to come).
  • Maybe you shouldn't read 3/4 of the book assigned in June on the day it is due. But then again, maybe you shouldn't assign summer reading to college students...
  • My Thursday schedule is the worst.
  • Sometimes you have to take annoying classes because they are required, but then sometimes you befriend first years named Keith.
  • Probably the best way to prepare for your final year of undergraduate education is to watch Love in the Wild the night before classes start.

As you can see, we're off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...