August 9, 2011

Move, Eat, Learn and Drink Starbucks.

Currently Reading: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I just had goodbye pizza with my parents who are headed back to Kenya tomorrow. That, plus a married sister who is waitressing it up at a Lebanese restaurant in Bethesda (a fun fact I only learned about today....communication fail) means that I'll be all alone here...

On a happier note, I'm rolling out of here in the morning to spend a wee bit of time (like two nights) in the Outer Banks with Danielle Hale and family (oh, what sandy, beachy, sunscreeny joy!). Then I'll be doubling back up to Northern Virginia this weekend for Lauren Behrmann's wedding, and I cannot wait!

While this is all happening, posting may be sporadic. So in the mean time, I'm going to leave you with two examples of awesome people who are making awesome ideas happen that struck my interest and made me smile this week:

Exhibit A: Move, Learn, Eat (Via Today's Letters)



I especially love that first one. It makes me want to travel the world... (but then again, what doesn't?) More fun facts about this project can be found here.

Exhibit B: Jonathan's Card


Jonathan wondered what would happen if he made his Starbucks card number public...which has turned into an interesting social experiment of the pay-it-forward variety. Read more about it here. I'm definitely intrigued...And also wondering how to be a part of this when I don't have a smart phone... (but really. Anyone wanna help me out with that?)


I wish I was cool like these kids.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU LOVE THIS and MOSTLY just love that we happen to be the same person when it comes to anything travel=] let's go see the world and write marvelous stories and take fabulous pictures shall we?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...