October 19, 2011

Isaiah Is My Jam.


 
Has the Lord ever needed anyone's advice?
Does he need instruction about what is good?
Did someone teach him what is right or show him the path of justice?

Look up to the heavens.
Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another,
Calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
Not a single one is missing.
O Jacob, how can you say that the Lord does not see your troubles?
O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
The Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

Says the Lord,

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.

Others were given in exchange for you
I traded their lives for yours
Because you are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.

You have been chosen to know me, believe in me,
And understand that I alone am God.
There is no other God -- there never has been, and there never will be.
From eternity to eternity I am God.
No one can snatch anyone out of my hand.
No one can undo what I have done.
  
[Isaiah 40:14, 26-28; 43:1-2, 4, 10]
 
[image via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...