November 29, 2011

Tea Party

Currently Listening To: Next To You, Chris Brown and Justin Bieber. (Ever since that video, I can't help myself. Also, C-Breezy and the Biebs?? Why has this song not taken the radio/iTunes charts by storm? It's coming, people.)


So yesterday, I found myself getting sick. The kind of sick that starts with pressure and tiredness building behind your eyes, and next thing you know you're having to take a break from chewing so that you can breathe through your mouth. Ughh. So as I was on my bed, trying to find the strength to overcome and start doing homework, I decided that the thing to inspire me would be a cup of tea.

But then I had the shocking realization: I don't actually have any tea right now. Not the right kind, at least. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to some of you...but then, you probably don't understand the house I was raised in. The house where tea (the proper kind, one spoon of sugar and a splash of milk, please) is made and served about eight times a day. In a tea pot, with a timer set to four minutes. This is not an exaggeration. So, to have been so completely converted to coffee that I do not have a single teabag? Especially in my time of need? What an outrage. Also, I think my mother might disown me.

Needless to say, I had to take drastic measures and steal a teabag from my housemate. (Desperate times, people.) And it was worth it. 

[image via Pinterest]

2 comments:

  1. It makes me extremely happy to know that you know how to make a proper cup of tea. I feel like no one does that anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have all of my tea you want...I need to get some more actually, but there's some black tea in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...