December 17, 2010

Hello Blogosphere

There’s a terrifying sort of accomplishment that comes with creating a blog. For me, the accomplishment comes from the fact that I’ve been wanting to do this for a few months now –I’ve just found that the hardest part is starting. It’s terrifying, though, because here it is. My voice is out there; my words are exposed to the admiration or critique of anyone who happens to stumble upon it. And the vulnerability of it kind of scares me.

But let’s be real. It’s also a completely egocentric thing to be doing. Which, I suppose, takes at least some self-assurance… :]

And so I guess there’s nothing to do but jump right in.



P.S. This is what it looks like outside my bedroom right now:

(Thank you, webcam, for such a quality picture. But point being, SNOW!!)

And this is where I’ll be in about four days:

(This is my parents’ yard in Nairobi, Kenya. That’s my padre.)

On the one hand, I can’t wrap my mind around this. On the other hand, I’d like to be there already, please. It's a contradiction of feelings -- kind of like starting a blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...