March 27, 2011

Don't Cry, Shopgirl. Don't Cry.



Y'all, I do not watch movies that often, but I have watched several this week. (And by several, I mean three.) (Except I slept through one of them, I think, so maybe that doesn't count?) Right now I am half watching You've Got Mail and half doing work. As I sit alone in my house. If only my housemates knew what they are currently missing out on. Wouldn't you agree that this is the most wonderful movie, especially to have on as a background to work/other obligations that you only have to semi-pay attention to? I particularly appreciate the wealth of excellent - yet subtle - lines in this movie (por ejemplo: "Patricia makes coffee nervous" or "It's like those people who brag because they're tall" or "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"). And the final half hour is really just the best ever. ("I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.")

Other than this You've Got Mail moment I'm having right now, this weekend has also included: brunch with my fam, an acapella concert, learning some swing dancing, roadtripping to Richmond for dinner and Dave & Buster's and waking up to SNOW this morning. (Yes, on March 27. Let's not talk about it.) And now I'm in that reluctant phase of Sunday evening -- reluctant for the weekend to end yet here on the precipice of Monday and the million things that you need to do or think about. Not to mention, I'm starting a JOB this week.

And to all of you who are still soaking in as much Sunday as you can, who are facing difficult weeks of piles of schoolwork (or whatever else), who just wish weekends could be a little bit extended sometimes, I wish you the simple, comfortable joy of a Meg Ryan movie or twirling in an empty bookstore. So on that note, bring it on, week.

[image via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...