The I Heart Books Edition
1. "Books are a hard-bound drug with no danger of an overdose. I am the happy victim of books." - Karl Lagerfeld
2. Penguin re-released all the classics with these gorgeous new covers, designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith:
I kind of want to own some of these. They would look so pretty all lined up on my bookshelf... They even sell them at Anthropologie!
3. Why is stop motion SO COOL?
4. Why secondhand books smell so good:
"Lignin, the stuff that prevents all trees from adopting the weeping habit, is
a polymer made up of units that are closely related to vanillin. When made into
paper and stored for years, it breaks down and smells good. Which is how
divine providence has arranged for secondhand bookstores to smell
like good quality vanilla absolute, subliminally stoking a hunger for
knowledge in all of us." [source]
5. The following pictures all come from this tumblr and fill my little book-loving heart with so much joy. Suffice it to say, I could live in ANY of these places.