April 3, 2011

Don't Forget To Be Awesome

Currently Eating: ice cream
Quote Love: "If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane." (from Looking For Alaska)

I had the best intentions to get so much work done today. But unfortunately (or really fortunately) my work involves looking up a bunch of YA Lit stuff. And, of course, in doing, I got a wee bit sidetracked (story of my life) when I started watching Vlogbrothers...

Let me back up just a minute. Have you ever read a John Green book? I read Looking For Alaska for YA Lit at the beginning of the semester and it was phenomenal. It was one of those books that makes you sad when you finished because you just want to keep being part of those characters' lives. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, I read another one of his books, An Abundance of Katherines, last weekend, and it was also great. His writing is 1. hilarious, 2. so real (in terms of characters and life and stuff) and 3. addicting. I highly recommend it.

Now back to Vlogbrothers. About four years ago, John Green and his brother, Hank, decided to only communicate through video blogs that they had to post to each other every day for an entire year. This was called Brotherhood 2.0. Of course, because these guys are hilarious, about a bajillion other people started watching them, and they kept on making them, and became Vlogbrothers.

You can start with this one: 


(For our YA Lit final project, which can basically be about anything we want as long as it relates to YA Lit, one of my friends is going to focus John Green and how he's an author yet he's created this entire community, which is awesome. And I'm a little jealous of this idea because I have no idea what my project's going to be on. Even though technically I think we were supposed to let the teacher know our ideas like two weeks ago. Whooops.) (P.S. If you have any ideas for me, that's be cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...