May 31, 2011

Summer Reading



I think it's no secret that I love books. But I haven't done that much reading since school got out. I tried -- I started The Book Thief when I woke up earlier than I thought I should have one morning last week, but when I fell back asleep, I somehow kicked it down into the abyss behind my bed and, though I've looked, it has yet to be recovered. (Not to worry, Liz, aka owner of the book -- when I pack up the room this week (yikes), it will be found.)

But today, I walked to the public library (a branch of which is conveniently located just across the street from the house I am moving into on SUNDAY) (yikes again), got a library card and some books. And I have sat with a cup of iced tea reading for the past two hours.

Perfection.


Also, I need some suggestions for my next trip to the library. What's on your summer reading list?

[images via Bookfessions]

1 comment:

  1. wait, you're moving?! (this shows how badly we need a phone date/skype date! please call me whenever you're free!!)

    and second, i just read the Help, by kathryn stockett...it is phenomenal! i read it in 2 days...and they're making a movie of it that comes out in august. excitement.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...